- Measure out your rice and rinse it in cold water. Keep rinsing until the water runs clear. Rinsing removes the excess starch from the rice, which helps to keep your cooked rice from sticking together.
- In an Abbio Sauce Pan bring two cups of water (for every one cup of rice) to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling add a heavy pinch of salt and your rinsed rice to the pan.
- Give the rice a stir and let the water come back to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling, turn the heat down to a simmer, and cover the pan with a lid.
- Let the rice cook covered for 18 minutes. Do not remove the lid during the cooking process. Allowing the steam to escape will remove moisture from the pan and may dry out the rice.
- After 18 minutes, turn the heat off, and let the pan sit, covered, for another 10 minutes. Once again - no peeking!
- After the 10 minutes have elapsed remove the lid and use a fork or spatula to fluff the rice.