- Heat olive oil on medium high heat. The pan is hot enough when you can see the oil shimmer.
- Place the steak in the pan, and pat down flat. Then don't move it so it can develop a crust while cooking.
- A 1" steak needs about ten minutes of total cooking time to reach a medium rare internal temp of 135 degrees. After letting the steak cook for five minutes use tongs to carefully flip it over.
- Let it cook for another three minutes.
- Add two cloves garlic, a sprig of rosemary, and two tablespoons of butter to the pan. Baste the steak with the butter, garlic and herbs until the steak is cooked through - another two minutes.
- Remove the steak from the stove and it rest for at least five minutes before cutting into it.