Skip to content
Chicken and Lentils
- 8 cups water
- 1 pound dried lentils
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
TOOLS YOU NEED
- Abbio Sauté Pan
- Abbio Sauce Pan
- Wood stirring spoon
- Cutting board
- Chefs knife
- Rinse and drain lentils and set aside
Recipe courtesy of Bon Appetit
- Combine 8 cups water and 1 teaspoon salt in heavy large saucepan over high heat.
- Add lentils and bring to boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium, and simmer until lentils are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain well; rinse with cold water and drain again. Place in large bowl.
- Whisk 1 cup olive oil, vinegar, 2 tablespoons cumin, 2 tablespoons chili powder, garlic, and 1 teaspoon salt in large measuring cup.
- Pour 1 cup dressing over warm lentils and toss.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in large skillet over high heat.
- Add onion; sauté until dark brown and soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken; sauté 2 minutes.
- Add 1 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon cumin, 2 teaspoons chili powder, and cinnamon.
- Sauté until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes longer.
- Arrange lentils on large platter.
- Slice chicken and place atop lentils. Drizzle with remaining dressing and sprinkle with parsley.