2 Chicken breasts
1 Cups of bread crumbs, panko, Italian, or plain will do
1 Cup of flower
Salt and Pepper
Tools you need
Large non stick frying pan
Chef’s knife (or similar, sharp knife)
Tongs (fork will work in a pinch)
Whisk (or fork)
Meat tenderizer OR Rolling pin OR Saucepan
Butterfly chicken breasts in half, and pat dry with paper towel.
In one bowl crack and whisk two eggs together.
Place flower in second bowl.
Place bread crumbs in third bowl.
Quarter lemon and set aside.
1. Lay chicken filets flat on cutting board, and flatten with tenderizer, rolling pin, or bottom of saucepan until filets are about the thickness of your cell phone.
2. Pinch salt and pepper on each side of each chicken filet, and gently rub in with hands.
3. Pour three tablespoons of oil into large non stick frying pan, and turn stove on to medium heat.
4. After a minute or two, check the oil is hot enough to cook with by placing the back of a utensil into the oil. If small bubbles form around the utensil, it’s chicken time. If not, give the oil a bit longer to warm up.
5. Gently lay the chicken into the pan, and fry until the bread crumbs are gold brown, three to five minutes. Flip the chicken over, and repeat on the other side.
6. Once the the filets are golden brown on both sides, remove from heat, and pat down excess oil with paper towel.
7. Serve cutlets with lemon wedges and a vegetable or sides of your choice!