- After removing your protein from the pan, add the shallots and cook on medium for about a minute, or until they are softened.
- Add your white wine, and use a wood spoon or hard spatula to remove any stuck bits from the surface of the pan - this is called deglazing.
- Add your chicken broth and bring the sauce to a boil.
- After about five minutes, or when your sauce has reduced by about a third, remove from heat, stir in butter, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon over your dish and enjoy.