- 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
Tools you need
- 6 Qt Sauce Pan
- Wood spoon
- Rinse the rice. Place the rice in the sauce pan and cover it with water. Mix the water and rice until the water is cloudy. Then pour out the water and repeat at least twice more until the water is clear.
- If you're making brown rice, then put it in the pan with plenty of water and boil it for 15 minutes. You're giving the brown rice the cooking head-start it needs to be used interchangeably with white rice in any recipe, including the one below. Once your brown rice is done boiling, strain it and continue with the directions.
- Add the water and a pinch of salt to the sauce pan with the rinsed rice.
- Turn the heat on high and wait for the water to boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium / low so it continues to boil very softly.
- Check for doneness after approximately 15 minutes. The rice should be slightly firm but not crunchy when you taste it. If the rice is still too firm and the pan is dry, add another 1/4 cup of water and continue cooking for 5 more minutes. Keep repeating this small addition of water as needed until your rice is done.
- Add the olive oil and fluff the rice with a fork.